3.22.2013

Google Releases Evernote Competitor

Following the announcement of the tragic demise of Reader [I know, it breaks my heart, too,] Google pulls the veil off their latest take on a product that already exists in an effort to garner an audience that seeks a solution to a problem that's already been addressed accordingly. 
Google Keep, for all intents and purposes, is a direct reflection of  Evernote.The app is a tool that allows one to efficiently organize and record their thoughts in one place. It supports a variety of media -- text, audio, photo etc. -- and is fully integrated with Google Drive, keeping your data insanely secure and wildly accessible. It also has a web component, adding yet another layer of accessibility. 
Keep is currently exclusive to Android devices, so I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. However, judging from what I've seen, it's very well-designed. The interface is slick and vibrant; you've got a little tile-action going on there, which I like. It strikes me as an app that's pretty easy to use. I think it'll be well-received by those that choose to try it. Will those users find value in it? I don't know. Is it any better than products like Evernote or, let's say, Catch? Well that's to be determined. 
Keep is currently live in Google Play. Install it, toy around with it, and let me know how you feel about it. I'm intrigued. 

No comments: