3.25.2013

Called It! Blackberry Sales Are Amiss!

With the launch of the Z10 from Blackberry last week the sales have been more than lacking. I decided to check out a few AT&T stores to get some input here in Richmond and my original thoughts were spot on. None of the stores had any marketing for the Z10 at all and when I spoke with the reps one even said sales were less than sub par and even said they will be a flop and dead in the water within a year. Did I agree with him? You bet I did and here's why. I reiterate that history repeats itself here and Blackberry sure seems to be going the same route as Palm did. Maybe not so much in the new OS route but definitely in the way of having lackluster hardware and marketing to push their new flagship model. I mean even Palm pushed marketing for their Pre in the weirdest television ads I have seen for mobile devices to date but at least they did something. So this leads me to believe that if Blackberry doesn't do something quick, and not announcing a better future device before the newest flagship is available, they are dead in the water... 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great points and good post.but I think blackberry has a large enough fan base to make a comeback. Old BB users have been foaming at the mouth waiting for a device that could at least compare to devices today. And the Z10 would satisfy their request. No?