I chuckle seeing how people is now happy that the iPhone is now available on Verizon and how they're going to drop AT&T like a bad habit, when we all know, bad habits is hard to let go of. Even though Verizon is known for having the better coveragel overall, AT&T still has one of the best coverage in specific areas. So if you're not the traveling type, it's best to just stick it with AT&T.
Luckily, with my opinions on GSM as oppose to CDMA, Mashable brought out an article comparing AT&T's iPhone GSM versus Verizon's iPhone on CDMA. Below is just a few comparisons, if you want more detail on this, visit Mashable.
- GSM and UMTS technology is widely used worldwide. UMTS phones can be easily moved from one UMTS network to another, making them ideal for international use.
- [CDMA] can't use a SIM card, making it far more difficult to switch handsets.
- Calls: In general, Verizon will drop less calls. It's unclear what impact the iPhone will have on its network, but we don't expect it to be as bad as AT&T was in its early years. Verizon's network has proven itself to be more robust.
- Speed: In general, AT&T has the faster 3G network, and in some cases it's a great deal faster than Verizon.
- Simultaneous voice and data: Only AT&T is capable of talking on the phone and surfing the web at the same time, but Verizon is working on a solution, saying the fix might be implemented by the end of this year.